Friday, October 14, 2011

Is it?

I was lying on a bed, staring at the cracks of the ceiling and thinking probably the most common questions that everyone has gone through once. What is life? And why are we here for? Why do we have to suffer? What is Happiness? Those questions which were not answered by great philosophers and poets were eating my brains.

Today I met an eight year old boy with acute Leukemia. When I talked with him his happy face were ignoring the fact that how important all those laughs and talks he made were. I saw kids on the streets sniffing glue. Their faces were full of charm laughing at each others. They were unknown about the anguishes that they have to face. I met Nephews n Nieces at home they were no difference than any of those kids I saw and met. They were all happy. I was wondering how much sufferings these innocence faces has to go through. Is happiness all about being ignorant or innocent about future?

There are people who are starving to death. There are people who are counting days to die. There are people who lost their loved ones. I’m not among them. I have a place to live, Food to eat and friends and family to share. But still why is this thing called happiness hard to find?

There used to be a day when I crave to be busy, when I crave for work. All the leisure times were nothing but a torture. Little bit of work made me happy. Now here is a day when I crave for this little bit of time. Just a small fragment of free time will make me happy. Is happiness just a little break from sorrows? Some one said that there is no Happiness in heaven because there is no sorrow to compare with. He might be right. I’m learning to appreciate all the sufferings that I have been through because of which I know what happiness is. I’m learning to be grateful for every starvation that taught me the value of food. Every disease that I have suffered or seen is teaching me to appreciate the comfort of being healthy. Every busy schedule is letting me happy with every small fragment of leisure time. I think it’s all about finding balance, without one another doesn’t exist.

I want to achieve greatness in life as everybody else. Even though I’m well aware of the fact that people who already achieved what I called greatness are not happy, but still I’m willing to suffer to get it. Why am I ready to suffer? Is it a human nature that we always want those things that are almost impossible or hard to get? Or are we all trying to find the meaning of existence. Does achieving success means finding the meaning of life? Is Success or achievement all about having a good family, house or a fancy car? I don’t think so. When you have all those things, none of them make sense. Now comes again the meaning of life. Why are we here? What have we done for this world? I think it’s all about our contribution and the legacy that we leave behind.




3 comments:

  1. Thanks for this post. Reminds me to be grateful of the dark and the light that makes up this world we call Earth. Much Love <3<3<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. It should be me to thank u for the comment Firefly :) Thank u.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kancha, when are you going to post more? Itching to read your blog!!!!

    ReplyDelete