Monday, July 25, 2011

GOD Vs ME for good


"Terrorist attacks on twin towers, about 2700 people were killed and 6000 injured,” News of September 11 2001. “92 people were killed in Norway shooting, the suspect wrote manifesto before attack, in which he attacked multiculturalism and Muslims immigration,” Today’s headline. For how long are we going to tolerate this? Why do we have to suffer in name of God because of those extremists? Who are Gods? Who created them? It’s really hard to answer those questions with effortless perspective of vision.

Although there are many religions round the world; Hindu, Buddhist, Muslim and Christian are mostly encountered ones in our country. We were taught about life histories of Gods related with those religions in schools. Let me briefly introduce those Gods with my combined knowledge of Schooldays history and present day Science.

Let’s start with Jesus Christ, the son of Joseph and Virgin Mary. Although son of a Virgin itself is not logical, I can convince my self with my alternative theory. “I am son of God,” Jesus said to his disciples. This is a classical example of a person with delusion of grandiosity. He was crucified by Romans who couldn’t tolerate his popularity. Even after Crucifixion, most of his loved ones believed that they saw Jesus on fourth day. I don’t find any thing fascinating or weird about that. Seeing flashbacks of dead people by loved ones could either be normal grief or post traumatic disorder. That’s what science says.

Paigamber Muhammad, Prophet of Muslims, was married to forty years old rich widow woman when he was twenty-five. He started hearing voices of God, Those voices were written in a book. Hearing voices of God? Do I mean to say auditory hallucination? Yes, It is the most significant symptom of Schizophrenic people. Auditory hallucination of Muhammad wrote Kuran. I’m not scared to say that.

Gautam Buddha, Lord of peace. Yes, he loves peace no doubt about that. Once, he saw the dead, sufferings and poor people, his mental peace was disturbed and became restless. If he was present day prince than he might be diagnosed as a patient of acute stress disorder and end up in psych ward.

Even though those people so called God were once Psych patient, There is no doubt that they were all great philosophers. I respect them for that. I wonder why those great philosophers were once Psych patient. Even present day writer Paulo Coelho had spent most of his early days of life in psych ward.

Lastly, let’s talk about the religion Hindu, this is where my family belongs. I don’t know which God to talk. There are a lot. Are those God too were some how patient of psych? No, they were not. They are just the supernormal characters of poem and stories written by great philosophers and poet like Balmiki or Ved Vyas. Krishna is a hero of longest epic poem Mahabharata. Likewise Ram is a main character of poem Ramayana.  These people never existed. Just as Romeo and Juliet were fictional imagination of Shakespeare, Those Gods were fictional imagination of Maharishis.

Although they are just the logical hypothesis of my limited knowledge, I don’t think any scholar can disprove my ideas. Likewise I can’t disprove any believer too. You might say I’m an Atheist. I won’t hesitate to say, yes I am. But I like to call my self Agnostic more than an Atheist. It’s not because I hate God, it’s because they don’t fit in my logic and I don’t want to become the enemy of logic. Above all, I can see the sufferings in the name of God. I don’t believe in existence of God doesn’t mean that I lack ethics or culture. I have my culture and I respect it and also respect all the cultures round the world. And I know my morals.

It’s not God who created man, it’s us who created them so that they could be kept as Guardians. It works for certain extent. But the time is changing and this theory fails to update with time. Now there is a generation gap on beliefs. But those who stick with old theories became extremists and started offending the beliefs of other extremist and vise versa. This affects the general people who are living their lives with their own updated version of beliefs.

How does it feel when you hear the news about the most powerful leader like Bush call for launching Crusade on Iraq; Muslim extremists’ attacks in different part of the world; the seventeen years old French kid once chosen by Dalai lama as reincarnation of some great figure claim that he lived all his life on a lie or you have to witness the racial discrimination and several taboo in your own home in Hindu culture? This is terrifying.

I don’t follow any believer’s beliefs and I don’t ask them to follow my ideas too.
The only thing I want you (extremists) to follow is put your experience and logical Knowledge above everything while taking the major decision. Think how much your God worth in terms of taking lives and torturing people. Keep your wisdom over hypothetical faith. Stop killing and tormenting people in the name of God. Stop Holy Wars. If you do that than you will not only thwart most disasters on earth but also prevent the most probable cause of  third world war or the end of the world.

3 comments:

  1. its one thing that was in my mind for long.... I wont be able to write anything about the MMD(or i am afraid of consequences as i am living a already conservative society)... So, i dint carry the empty bucket..

    Couldnt agree more, esps our 36corore janatas being just the imagination,its one thing that was in my mind for long.... I wont be able to write anything about the MMD(or i am afraid of consequences as i am living a already conservative society)... So, i dint carry the empty bucket..

    Couldnt agree more, esps our 36corore janatas being just the imagination,

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Prabeshk; Yes, It's in the mind of lot of people like you and me, we were being nice to those xtrmst but for how long? We are just asking for peace. Yes the consequences are always harsh when you go against those who don't want to follow the logic. But Good will always triumph the Evil.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Religions create war, suffering and strive when it's based on dogma. Dalai Lama said: "My religion is kindness." I subscribe to that to the best of my ability...<3

    ReplyDelete